James Harden Sued by Moses Malone Jr. for Allegedly Orchestrating Robbery

James Harden has been sued for his role in a robbery plot, according to Fox 26 Houston.

Moses Malone Jr also attacked the strip club, claiming almost a million dollars in damages. The suit alleges Harden paid people $20,000 to rob Malone at a strip club in 2016.

According to ESPN's Tim MacMahon, the lawsuit states that Harden "paid [Darian] Blount approximately $20,000 to put a hit on", and was in the club when Malone was attacked outside.

Malone told police he was repeatedly punched and kicked and robbed of $50,000 in jewelry.

Malone also says in the suit he received "a random aggressive threatening text" from a close friend of Harden's. "Harden was at the club, and I definitely don't believe he had anything to do with an attack on Mr. Malone", Moore said.

Malone wrote a critical post of Harden on June 24 for charging $249 for his basketball camp, a price Malone said would be unaffordable for inner-city children. Malone Jr. added he doesn't need the money and is ready to fight.

"We have a good trail of evidence that leads to James Harden's involvement".

The original lawsuit seeks $1 million in damages for injury and loss of property against the strip club, V Live Houston.

The following month, Blount was charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon as were three others: Kavon Boutte, Deavon Lewis and Oscar Wattell. Several people connected to the assault have already been charged criminally.

Despite Harden's stellar season, he and the Rockets were ousted from the playoffs in embarrassing fashion by the San Antonio Spurs last week.

Attorney Rusty Hardin, who represents Harden, did not immediately reply to an email requesting comment.

"I am in Boston for depositions so I haven't seen the petition but I have previously discussed Mose's allegations with James and others, and I am totally comfortable that the allegations are untrue".

  • Kyle Peterson