"Eleven people died of asphyxiation, and six others were injured" in the southern province of Najran, the civil defence said in a tweet. Of the eleven people died, ten are from India.However, none of them are identified.
Preliminary reports said the fire broke out due to an electric short circuit in an old air-conditioning unit in the house. The Arab News reported that the region's Governor has ordered an investigation.
According to the last official figures released in 2015, nine million foreigners work in Saudi Arabia and a lot of them come from South Asia. The family members abused her right from the beginning.
At least 10 Indians have been killed and 4 injured when a major fire broke out in a windowless house in Saudi Arabia's Najran city.
The team of senior diplomats at Indian Consulate here have been working round the clock to assist families of victims of the Najran fire tragedy.
According to India's Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, the staff was rushing to Najran by the first available flight. Our Consul General is in touch with the Governor of Najran.
"He is updating me", she tweeted on Wednesday night.
"Firefighters put out the blaze in an old house lacking windows for ventilation".
The workers who were living in the building were employed by a construction firm.
Despite years of criticism, Saudi Arabia still mistreats its labor force.