London tube attack: teenager charged with attempted murder

Mr Hassan will be appearing at Westminster Magistrate's Court today at 2pm.

Hassan was arrested in the southern English port of Dover shortly before 8am the following day.

Three man, aged aged 25, 30, and 17, who were also detained in connection with the attack, remain in custody.

Ahmed Hassan, 18, is said to have left the bucket bomb wrapped in a Lidl bag on a District line train and got off a stop before it exploded last Friday. It was Britain's fifth major militant attack so far this year.

British police have arrested a sixth person in connection with last week's attack on a London subway train.

Authorities say two of the six men arrested over the bombing were released Thursday without being charged.

He is believed to have spent time in the care of Penelope and Ronald Jones, from Sunbury-on-Thames, who received MBEs for services to children and families in 2010.

Police continued to search one property in Surrey and two in Newport, south Wales.

"This continues to be a fast-moving investigation", said Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Met Counter Terrorism Command.

"So it could have been so much worse", Cressida Dick, Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police, said in an interview on LBC radio.

The device contained hundreds of grams of the explosive triacetone triperoxide (TATP), the ingredients for which were bought from websites including Amazon, according to the prosecution.

"Thank goodness nobody was killed at Parsons Green".

  • Rogelio Becker