Brazilian Striker Neymar is Not Yet 100 Per Cent Ready for Game

Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar insists the rumours claiming that he is on his way to Real Madrid are rubbish and not worth talking about.

"I'm not 100 percent ready yet", the PSG striker said in a press conference ahead of the Brazilian team's trip to London on Sunday, reports Efe.

"Physically I'm okay, my foot is fine", he admitted.

Neymar has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona's arch rivals Real Madrid after leaving Barça for Paris Saint-Germain in ignominious circumstances past year.

"Of course I'm adapting again, but nothing is too serious. I'm feeling a bit of discomfort but it's not going to stop me from playing", he said. "He's a player that I like, that everyone likes". But that comes with time.

Tite's men kick off their World Cup bid against Switzerland in Rostov on June 17 but Neymar's first target for match practice is Sunday's friendly with Croatia at Anfield. In the first chance I had in a game, I went with it all so I could lose that fear.

"I think (coach) Tite and his backroom staff have prepared the squad well", Silva told a press conference here, where the Brazil squad is now training ahead of football's flagship tournament.

The 25-year-old has since left Barcelona to join PSG in a move that cost a record-breaking €222million.

Earlier in the week, members of Brazil's coaching staff said Neymar was fit to train but they tried to reduce pressure on him by saying it would take time until he delivered his best performances.

  • Stacy Allen