Demi Lovato’s Overdose Caused By Freebased Oxy Laced with Fentanyl, Allegedly

The 25-year-old singer is now in rehab following a suspected overdose three weeks ago but, although details on the incident are being tightly guarded, it's been claimed that she had inhaled a painkiller combined with the depressant drug - the same medication that killed Prince - and that led to her falling unconscious. TMZ cites sources with direct knowledge who said, "Demi had been at a party in WeHo following a birthday celebration at Saddle Ranch on the Sunset Strip".

Demi Lovato's overdose last month was reportedly caused by fentanyl-laced Oxycodone. It was then that Demi proceeded to text a drug dealer who she allegedly has been using since May.

After coming to her house, the source has alleged that they both freebased Oxycodone on tin foil.

Once he noticed Demi breathing very heavily on her bed, he took off from her house. Just this week, she left her rehab facility and flew to Chicago with her mom. According to E! News' Lovato insider, she "hasn't been in communication with anyone", including her ex Wilmer Valderrama, who was devastated by her relapse and visited her multiple times at the hospital in L.A. He is, however, in touch with her family. She also canceled her remaining "Tell Me You Love Me" tour dates and has mostly stayed away from social media, as well as kept her social contact limited.

The trip was organized by the rehab center, and sources say Demi has been doing "much better" in the short time she has been "getting the help she needs". "The family is trying to make sure they eliminate all distractions and want her to be focusing on her health right now".

After her discharge from the hospital, the singer broke her silence with a post to Instagram. What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. "It is something I must continue to overcome".

  • Kyle Peterson